Sentiment Value of Envelopes

Its time to change. New starts and fresh beginnings. I need to clear out my life of the clutter that seems to collect itself over the years. I keep everything in some attempt to hold on to their sentimental value. I guess it is like the thought that everything is important. I keep finding the most stupid things that to someone else would be a scrap of paper with a line on it but to me it is actually so much more. It is the time when that person first showed me how to see potential or the time when I found a bit of paper that reminded me of the contour of his face.
 
I have a thousand trees worth of paper and information sitting waiting to have something done with it. I need to chuck a load of it out. I need to reduce it by 90% at the least. What could I possibly have that requires so much paper documents? I need to seriously look through it all and reduce it into something so small it could fit in a backpack.
 
Same with the sentimental stuff. I need to reduce that too. I might have to make a book of all the little objects I have attributed value to.
 
Sentimental value tax. SVT. It is the requirement by logistics that states you need to attribute so much space to each object of sentimental value. Yes This in my case directly means I have no space as I have so much sentimental valued items. I shall reduce.
 
Ebay will see an influx of my life for redistribution.  It will be the sentimental objects with the story behind them placed in a box or some packaging of some sort. This packaging shall be important too. “Why?” I hear you ask, well… I also own a thousand rolls of paper and tape. Not to mention envelopes. There is something really amazing about an envelope. It is the container or letters. Paper with words. Sometimes hand written and other times computer generated. These little snippets of information pressed into an envelope and sent on a journey. The envelope isn’t so different from a human. Envelopes all start out as envelopes. Humans all start out as humans.
 
When purchased in bulk, the envelope is in a protective environment.  When required it is then removed from the protective environment that it was bought in and sent on its own unique journey. It has a purpose even if it doesn’t know it. As it gets sent on its journey it ages with every bump and brush with real life until eventually it reaches the last stages of its own mortality. It has served its purpose and is ripped open to reveal its worth. Only in it’s own death is the purpose revealed. Perhaps not achieving dramatic change to the greater public but occasionally giving great joy and worth. The humble envelope sitting defenceless on your doormat. Perhaps this image is something as to why I haven’t ever sent letters in the collection of envelopes placed gently on my shelf. They sit their appreciated for their worth and their potential.
 
This is why I need to redistribute their value. There is only so much space and so many envelopes that can sit gently on my shelf. I will keep one though. Maybe two as an emergency should I need to send one on a journey.  

No comments:

Twitter Updates